Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1 and LVS

Subject: Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1 and LVS
From: Michael Klatsky <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:09:16 -0500
Thsi is what I dug up -had the exact same experience.

http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2001-January/000471.html

ifconfig lo0 alias 172.16.0.3 netmask 0xffffffff -arp up

And also:

http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-current%40freebsd.org/msg52384.html

sysctl -w net.inet.ip.check_interface=0

Michael

Kwijibo wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone had any luck getting LVS to work with a FreeBSD 5.2.1
real server? I tried to set up a 5.2.1 real server that is configured identical to
some working 4.x real servers but the behaviour appears to be
different.  The packets get to the real server on the VIP but the
real server won't respond.  But while on the real server I can telnet to
the VIP and the web server that is running on the box responds.
Steve