Re: LVS-DR: private network for realserver

To: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS-DR: private network for realserver
From: Guy Coates <gmpc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:26:36 +0000 (GMT)
> You're not running here with one of the anti-spoofing controls switched on,
> are you? For the life of me I can't remember which sysctl this is (rp_filter?)
> but that would exhibit this type of behaviour if set.

Ding!

Ahh yes, it looks as if debian handily sets
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/default/rp_filter to 1 by default.
Setting that to zero on the realserver make everything spring into life.

Thanks alot for everyone's time on this one.

Cheers,

Guy

--
Dr. Guy Coates,  Informatics System Group
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK