Re: http auth and ldirectord

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: http auth and ldirectord
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:08:52 -0800
Bruce Richardson wanted us to know:

>Does ldirectord support http basic auth?  The man page indicates not.
>If not, what's the best workaround where you don't have the option of
>excluding the load balancer host from the http auth restriction?

Instead of 'checktype=negotiate', use 'checktype=connect'.  But that
only checks if something is listening on $PORT, it doesn't check to see
if the process is healthy and running.

Can't you make a directory on the servers and exclude basic auth on that
directory?
Can't you exclude the IP the check is coming from for basic auth?
--
Regards...              Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.