Re: Replacing turboclusterd with LVS

Subject: Re: Replacing turboclusterd with LVS
From: pmjbf@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:49:55 -0500
Quoting "pmjbf@xxxxxxxxx" <pmjbf@xxxxxxxxx>:
> track.  I also can't seem to figure out if I need to configure anything for
> the multicast to work... when I run keepalived with VRRP turned on and run
> tcpdump either locally or on the secondary, I don't see any "heartbeat"
> packets or anything.

[snip]

> vrrp_instace VI_1 {

Okay, well after reading my own message I see the typo in my configuration above
(should have been "vrrp_instance" not "vrrp_instace".

Fixing this and rerunning keepalived, I DO see multicast packets on the network
coming from the primary LVS director.

If I kill keepalived on the primary director, though, I see no failover of the
VIP to the secondary director.  So, I'm encouraged to see it actually trying to
communicate with another keepalived, but I think my configuration is still
lacking.

Thanks for the help!

John