Re: your mail

Subject: Re: your mail
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:28:47 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Hasan Alayli wrote:

Hello I'm new to clustering, and DNS/Bind. I was wondering that if I want to
host several websites with different domains (virtual hosts) on a cluster,
how would the httpd.conf and named.conf files look like, and where shall I
install Bind, is it on the ldirector?

If you want to use DNS-based load balancing, you can use Bind to map your domains to a set of IP addresses of your hosts.

If you want to make your web service of servers appear at a single IP address and have better high availability, you can use LVS-based solutions.

In both cases, you need to configure virtual hosts for different domains at your apache servers.

Regards,

Wensong