Re: How to change the director connection table?

To: cheaney Chen <cheaney.chen@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to change the director connection table?
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:55:42 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, cheaney Chen wrote:

Currently I am  trying to design how to add some load migration mechanism
on Real server. That is, transfer a connection from real server A to
real server B.
I hope this change could make LVS work likes a distributed
content-aware architecture.

So the first question i met is : when a connection is moved between
real servers, the director connection table would be changed at the
same time.

Yes, it is do-able, but you need to design a protocol to make sure that the director, A and B interact correctly, so that the socket endpoint can be migrated from A to B and the director change the connection table at the same time.

You may have a look at TCP handoff protocol, but in TCP handoff solution usually the director is the central one to make content-aware scheduling. It is slightly different from your distributed content-aware architecture.

Would anyone give me some idea of how to change the table from real server?
Has some body already worked on it ?

Li Wang told me that he wants to make socket endpoint can migrate among hosts indefinitely. I don't know if he has made a reliable solution. You may have a look at his page http://dragon.linux-vs.org/~dragonfly/

Regards,

Wensong