RE: Problem starting keepalived 1.1.7

Subject: RE: Problem starting keepalived 1.1.7
From: "Kees Bos" <k.bos@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:52:32 +0100
Samuel Tran <mailto:stran@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
<CUT>

> When I try to run keepalived with the -n option:
>
> idun:~# /usr/local/sbin/keepalived -D
> -f/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf -n
> keepalived: memory.c:141: keepalived_malloc: Assertion
> `number_alloc_list > 1024' failed.
> Aborted
>
> It looks like it is a memory allocation problem?

Yep. The assertion is in lib/memory.c and indicates that the
number of allocated blocks in function keepalived_malloc hits
the 1024. Well, that's the idea.
lib/memory.c:141
assert(number_alloc_list > MAX_ALLOC_LIST);

However, assert aborts if assert expression result is false.
So, this assertion should have been:
assert(number_alloc_list < MAX_ALLOC_LIST);

You can change this line in lib/memory.c or reconfigure without
the '--enable-debug' flag.

./configure <whatever but not --enable-debug>
(Should show 'Use Debug flags: No')
Than a 'make clean' and a 'make'