Re: is it possible to construct hierachical LVS?

Subject: Re: is it possible to construct hierachical LVS?
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:21:13 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 wanghon3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
I plan to construct two layers LVS as following:
|----gateway+LVS NAT (Director 1)-----|

     |--------------------|
     |                            |
     |                            |
|---real server A---|    |----Director 2(NAT)----|

                                  |--------------------|
                                  |                            |
                                  |                            |
                      |---realserver B----|         |---realserver C----|

all the real servers and Director 2 are in 192.168.xxx.

realserver B and C are proxies. So these two proxies must be able to act
as client to real server A. But I don't know whether it can work. Is this
architecture the same as the architecture of the three real server
directly connected to Director 1?

In principle, it should work. Director 1 balances traffic to realserver A and Director 2, Director 2 balances traffic to realserver B and realserver C. Note that B and C must be in their subnet.

However, what's the benefits to construct LVS/NAT cluster in this way?

Regards,

Wensong