Errors while creating LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Errors while creating LVS
From: SUKHWINDER PAL <rec_engrec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:52:48 +0000 (GMT)
sir, I am  creating a Linux Virtual Server and I have
a system running on  kernel 2.4.20.I had two pci
ethernet cards.I am using i586 architecture.I had
downloaded the kernel patch-2.4.21-ipvs-patch.gz from
the site linuxvirtualserver.org.But I am facing errors
while compiling and configuring the kernel.I had even
formatted my hard disk 1-2 times to start from the
fresh,But the errors are still existing.I used
following commands:-
gunzip .../linux-2.4.21-ipvs-patch.gz,patch -p1
<.../linux-2.4.21-ipvs-patch.Then for comiling and
configuring I used the commands:- make mrproper,make
oldconfig,make xconfig,make dep,make clean,make
bzImage...All are working fine .But command make
modules is giving following errors:-

ip_vs_conn.c:132: warning: implicit declaration of
function `jhash_3words'
make[2]: *** [ip_vs_conn.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/net/ipv4/ipvs'
make[1]: *** [_modsubdir_ipv4/ipvs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/net'
make: *** [_mod_net] Error 2

Already as suggested by one kind memeber of
forum.There may be problem in the Configuration of the
new kernel.But I tried several times even after
formatting the hard disk also.But the same errors are
there.Sir, can you spare some time to tell in detail
what could be the problem.