Compaq CL1850 cluster and lvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Compaq CL1850 cluster and lvs
From: Mark Richards <mark.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:42:44 -0500
A friend has departed with his (old?) Compaq CL1850, which is a pentium III
cluster with various redundancies.  It's a large piece of "iron", or in
Amateur Radio terms, a "boatanchor".  The more it blows and glows, the better
for some of us that like a relic.  Maybe it will help warm the room.

It will probably work fine with one of the nodes operating independently under
linux (my preferred O/S), but I have no idea if I can make it sing using both
nodes.  So here I am.  I'd like to bring it on as a development machine (GCC)
but use it of course for general purposes - running samba, file sharing, etc,
inside a private network.

Has anyone on this list had experiences (good/bad) with the CL1850?  As a new
entrant into this area I'd appreciate knowing of any how to or other
resources that would help me along the way.  Also I am curious if there will
be any complications should I add a processor to each node, making it a dual
processor 2 node cluster.

Many thanks!

--
Mark Richards