Solution for the kernel problem.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Solution for the kernel problem.
From: SUKHWINDER PAL <rec_engrec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:55:18 +0000 (GMT)
hi all,
thankx for your kind support.I had upgraded the kernel
from 2.4.20-8(Distribution) to 2.4.28.I was facing the
problem of contineous rebooting with new kernel.The
problem was of setting the right  processor  and Also
enabling  the initrd support in the kernel
configuration during make xconfig.Thanks for giving
nice ideas.Now my system is booting with new
kernel,But  some of the devices it is not recognising
like ethernet cards,swap etc.I had made the changes in
the make xconfig `in the new kernel as per old
kernel.Even then it is not helping.Then I executed
make xconfig and disabled some of the unrequired
ethernet support in the Network device support
option.Still it is not working What could be the
problem ,sir.