newest ldirectord won't add https real servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: newest ldirectord won't add https real servers
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:07:26 -0800
I was working with it last week.  There is good news and there
is bad news.  ldirectord 1.77.2.2 comes with heartbeat 1.2.2 and
ldirectord 1.77.2.5 comes with heartbeat 1.2.3.

Good:
1.77.2.5 fixes the problem of multiple VIPs with identical RIPs:ports.
Yay!

Bad:
Https load balancing doesn't work any more (all stay quiescent).
Mysql load balancing barely works (sometimes comes right up, other times
takes a while before real servers show up in ipvsadm).

I received identical results by putting both versions of heartbeat
(1.2.2 and 1.2.3) on both loadbalancers and trying various tests.  In
all cases, 1.2.2 resulted in proper operation except for the multiple
RIPs to multiple VIPs problem, and 1.2.3 resulted in the good/bad
description above.  I now have both systems back with heartbeat 1.2.2 to
keep things stable.

Looking through CVS, I see some changes to the check_https code since
1.77.2.3.  I don't define a url to check for my https, maybe that has
something to do with 1.77.2.3 not working for me.  But 1.77.2.2 works
with the identical configuration.  At any rate, I'll keep digging.

Is there any further suggestions for me to try other than wait for a new
release?  Is anybody else using ldirectord 1.77.2.3 to balance htts?  If
so, could we compare ldirectord.cf settings?  With obfuscated IPs, mine
is:

virtual = 4.3.2.1:https
        real = 10.1.1.2->10.1.1.3:https gate 100
        persistent = 300
        checktype = negotiate
        scheduler = wrr
--
Regards...              Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin