[ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 1.1.8

To: keepalived-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 1.1.8
Cc: rumpf.6@xxxxxxx
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:57:15 +0100
Hi all,

After a very long time keepalived 1.1.8 is finally out ! :). I have merged lot of pending patches. I have not merged all patches I received since some created some design implications...

Jeremy, I have done some changes to your initial patch (cosmetic and one memory leak), please give it a try to validate the code.

Bugreports are welcome.

ChangeLog for the release looks like :

2005-01-25  Alexandre Cassen  <acassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        * keepalived-1.1.8 released.
        * VRRP : Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx> added "dont_track_primary"
          vrrp_instance keyword which tells keepalived to ignore VRRP
          interface faults. Can be useful on setup where two routers
          are connected directly to each other on the interface used
          for VRRP.  Without this feature the link down caused
          by one router crashing would also inspire the other router to lose
          (or not gain) MASTER state, since it was also tracking link status.
        * VRRP : Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx> added "nopreempt" which
          overrides the VRRP RFC preemption default. This replaces the
          "preempt" keyword which was not fully implemented. "preempt" is
          kept around for backward compatibility but is deprecated.
        * VRRP : Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx> added "preempt_delay" which
          allows one to specify number of seconds after startup until VRRP
          preemption.  (range 0 to 1,000 seconds) this is useful because
          sometimes when a machine recovers it takes a while for it to become
          usable, such as when it is a router and BGP sessions need to come
          back up.
        * Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx> made it so there is a useful "Date:"
          in SMTP alert emails.
        * VRRP : Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx>. In debug output log
          gratuitous ARPs with actual IP addresses being ARPed.
        * VRRP : Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx>. If started with
          "--dont-release-vrrp" then try to remove addresses even if we didn't
          add them during the current run, when it makes sense to do so.
        * VRRP : Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx> added a missing
          free_vrrp_buffer() during VRRP stop.
        * VRRP : Kees Bos, <k.bos@xxxxx> fixed VRRP sanity check to perform
          checksum computation over incoming packet and not local router
          instance memory representation => Better to log 'invalid vip
          count' instead of 'Invalid vrrp checksum' when the number of
          configured vips differ in the master and backup server :)
        * VRRP : Release socket pool during daemon stop and reload
        * VRRP : Refresh socket pool during reload
        * VRRP : Extended netlink framework to support blocking
          operation. During initialization, set blocking netlink channel
          to wait responses from kernel while parsing result. Kernel netlink
          reflection are still handled using non-blocking.
        * Jeremy Rumpf, <rumpf.6@xxxxxxx> added SMTP checker. It take
          a special care of smtp server return code.
        * Merged genhash man page
        * Chris Caputo, <ccaputo@xxxxxxx> added "misc_dynamic" to a
          MISC_CHECK which makes it so a script can adjust the weight of
          a real server.
        * Fixed some assertion issue in memory framework.
        * Use router_id instead of lvs_id in the global_def configuration
          block (lvs_id kept for backward compatibility).
        * Ronald Wahl <rwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fixed declarations to be only
          in includes files.
        * Ronald Wahl <rwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, moved the definition of variables
          to C files
        * Ronald Wahl <rwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and I fixed scanning for header/body
          separator in HTTP protocol
* Ronald Wahl <rwa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> replaced memcpy by memmove where source
          & destination may overlap
        * Extended checker API to only register checkers when checker callback
          is defined.
        * Jacob Rief, <jacob.rief@xxxxxxxxxxxx> fixed openlog to take care
          of configured log facility.
        * Move in_csum to util file.
        * Extended libraries to support some new facilities (list and vector).
        * Extended scheduler I/O to use timer decalred on the stack.
        * Some cosmetics changes.

Best regards,
Alexandre