ipvsadm-1.21 package

To: Joerg Wendland <joergland@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ipvsadm-1.21 package
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:57:13 +0900
Hi Joerg,

I have been pondering the problem of having both ipvsadm-1.21 and
ipvsadm-1.24 installed at the same time so that a user can freely
switch between a 2.4 and 2.6 kernel. This is a general problem
which effects all instalations of ipvsadm, including debian.

In order to allow this to happen I sent a patch for ipvsadm to
lvs-users earlier today that allows ipvsadm-1.24 to exec ipvsadm-1.21
if an old version of the kernel is detected.

http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2005-01/msg00121.html

In order to make this happen for debian packages I have applied this
patch and updated the ipvsadm package to divert an existing ipvsadm
binary to ipvsadm-1.21. Dito for ipvsadm-save and ipvsadm-restore.

I have also created an ipvsadm-1.21 (n.b. not ipvsadm_1.21) package,
that can be installed allong side the ipvsadm package (which provides an
ipvsadm 1.24 binary).

This is fairly analogus to how modutils and module-init-tools interact.
In fact I reused their code in both ipvsadm and the debian packaging.

These updated ipvsadm package and new ipvsadm-1.21 package can be found at:
http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/test_packages/ipvsadm/
http://www.ultramonkey.org/download/test_packages/ipvsadm-1.21/

I have included "0um.1" in the version name, to avoid confusion with
the official Debian packages that you produce. However, please consider
taking the changes and new package and uploading them to Debian. I am
happy to help with this if you don't have time.

--
Horms