Re: HA 2 node servers

Subject: Re: HA 2 node servers
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:52:44 +0000
Terry,

You don't need LVS unless you want to run both (apache) nodes at the same time.
You could just have Linux-HA (heartbeat) with a STONITH device.

If your using sharred storage then when something fails, shoot the other node in the head and start the services on the other box.

try http://www.ha-linux.org/

Terry Funk wrote:

Hello,

I have been going over the documentation all weekend and am unsure if LVS can do what I want it to do. Or if so, I must be missing something somewhere.

Basically, I have a Proliant DL 380 cluster system. Two nodes, and a scsi storage device. What I want to do is to have High Availability failover, so that if for some reason one machine fails completely then node 2 kicks in and takes over. The important apps that run on node 1 is Apache webserver and MySQL. Database synchronization notwithstanding, is it possible for LVS to do this? If so, can someone point me to which documentation describes how to do this?

I appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance