Upgrade in-place?

Subject: Upgrade in-place?
From: "Prescher, Mike" <MPrescher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:04:37 -0500
Mini-HOWTO

"3.5.3. Upgrading LVS

The only way is to compile a new kernel, reboot, then compile/install
the matching ipvsadm, as if you were doing an install from scratch. You
can't upgrade in place, you have to bring the director down. "

Q1: Is this still true today?

Q2: Any plans for hot upgrade capability?

Thanks,

Mike (Tex) Prescher
Netopia, Inc. Quality Assurance
Lawrence, KS

* Disclaimer: Pertaining to the content of this message: all originating
text represents ONLY the following parties - "Me", "Myself" and "I".
Responsibility for any comments generated by "Me", the party of the
first part, should be assigned to "Myself" the party of the second part
- unless I've had too much Free State Brewery barley wine - in which
case, it's I's fault.)