Re: Keepalives

Subject: Re: Keepalives
From: Kees Hoekzema <kees@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:39:35 +0100
Hey Pete,

>  Just a quick sanity check. I have LVS going to 5 apache servers. There
> IS no need to use keepalives on the web server if I have no persistence
> on the LVS boxes, right?
When using keepalive a client opens a connection to the cluster and that
connection stays open (for as long as the clients wants, or a timeout
occurs serverside). So the loadbalancer can not (at normal LVS level) see
whether it is a normal connection with just one large request from the
server or that it is a keepalived connection with lots of requests.

As far as I know persistence has no influence on keepalive.

-kees