RE: abour persistent connection?

Subject: RE: abour persistent connection?
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:56:50 +0100

Horms:

> I am not sure that I understand your statement.

Sometimes, I am not sure if I understand my own ones...

> But persistant templates are _in addition to_
> connection entries. And thus only increase
> memory usage.

Yes, a persitence template increase the memory usage, but not by client but
by template. So, if you have a persistence mask of 255.0.0.0, then you will
have one entry (128 bytes) for one class A, not for each IP in the class.

So if you need persitence but have memory problems, you can use a pesistence
mask to reduce memory usage. My statement was confusing because I was talking
about NONE entries in the connection table, which are the way persitence
templates are shown using ipvsadm -Lcn.

François.