Re: LVS trhough firewall with IP Tunneling or Direct Routing

Subject: Re: LVS trhough firewall with IP Tunneling or Direct Routing
From: Elton Ramos Carvalho <elton.lista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:40:02 -0300
My network diagram again....

(INTERNET)----eth0_FIREWALL_eth1---SWITCH-----(DMZ)

...eth0 and eth1 is valids IP address in diferents subnets

eth0 X.X.X.X/248  ...firewall and router subnet
eth1 X.X.X.X/240   ....my dmz

Elton Ramos Carvalho wrote:

Hello,

I have this network diagram....
H.H.H.H eth0 eth1 Z.Z.Z.Z (INTERNET) ---------- FIREWALL---------SWITCH---------(DMZ)

where....

eth0 and eth1 is valids IP address in diferents subnets

eth0 X.X.X.X/248  ...firewall and router subnet
eth1 X.X.X.X/240   ....my dmz

H.H.H.H smtp1
Z.Z.Z.Z   smtp2
I want...
.....a VIP address that respont to my 2 mail servers(duh)...
.....that my FIREWALL act as the DIRECTOR but using "direct routing" or "ip tunneling" (with nat this works fine).
    Is it possible?
I did some tests and when the datagram back to source IP, it stop in eth1 with "martian source" error.

where Y.Y.Y.Y is a ADSL server and X.X.X.X is my VIP in one of my mail servers. I will apreciate any help
Tks in advance

Elton Ramos Carvalho