Re: clearing persistent connections

Subject: Re: clearing persistent connections
From: jos houtman <jos@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:01:58 +0200

   what you're asking is for mon to tell ipvsadm that the realserver

is not functional when it is. I don't know that it's logically
possible to do this.
That would be the ideal situation, but you are right, this is not possible. Unless i find a way for mon to check if its suppossed to be down, even if its working. (that sentence was probably wrong).

So you are right, and I am not counting on mon to tell ipvasdm that the real server is not functional. What I am counting on is that you cannot edit a virtual server with ipvsadm unless that server is allready listed.

So when I manually remove a virtual server (ipvsadm -d). Mon can try to edit (ipvsadm -e) all it want, but it wont succeed.

Can you assemble your mon.cf file by cat'ing pieces for each
realserver (simulating an include file),
then when you want to remove a realserver, you just comment out
the line that includes the cf data for that realserver?
Iam allready doing this, still it's imperfect:
- It takes me time
- If some virtual servers are down mon will forget there state, and in some situations they wont be put back in the cluster. - especially when they recover from there "fail" state before mon detects it again.

jos