RE: LVS, Squid and Persistent

Subject: RE: LVS, Squid and Persistent
From: John Reuning <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:53:46 -0400
If you have sufficient hardware, you could set up a 1:1 mapping of squid
& apache servers:

   /-squid--apache
lvs--squid--apache
   \-squid--apache

The assumption is that each squid/apache pair gets equal load
distribution.  Another option would be a side-by-side config where squid
handles a separate hostname (e.g. images.domain.com) and never serves
session-based content.  That would require changing web page content,
though.

Thanks,

-jrr