RE: LVS From Same IP Address

Subject: RE: LVS From Same IP Address
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:23:07 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/20/2005 10:00:31
AM:

> >> Will LVS still load balance if the request comes from the same IP
> >> address for every request?
>
> >if the browser reuses ports, then the LVS will see it as the
> >same tcpip connection and the client will be sent to the
> >same realserver
>
> Will testing with one client work by opening new browsers?I continue
> to get sent to the same real server from the same client even using
> different browser windows with IE or Firefox. Is persistence used by
> default?  Here is my setup:

persistence is not the default. Several people have reported this
behaviour.

Horms, Julian,
      Do you know what's happening here? Apparently the client is
being sent to the same realserver all the time.

      Thanks Joe