Re: One Real IIS Server & Multiple Web Sites

Subject: Re: One Real IIS Server & Multiple Web Sites
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:00:39 +0100
If you have multiple ips then you will logicaly need multiple VIPs on the load balancer, (one for each site).
If you redirect by hostname you don't.

Brad Taylor wrote:

Just for testing (so I only needed 1 server) I setup one IIS real server
with multiple web sites, each with its own IP address.  Then I setup
LVS-DR and I'm able to only get to one of the sites on the web server.
Would that be the correct results?  Thanks.

Brad

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Limited
Office: +44 (0)870 443 8779
Mobile: +44 (0)7715 770523
http://www.loadbalancer.org/

" When a single point of failure is not an option"

Why not try our online demonstration <http://www.loadbalancer.org/online_Demo.htm> ? Or get answers to common questions <http://www.loadbalancer.org/fud.htm> ?