Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ultra Monkey 3

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ultra Monkey 3
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:40:00 +1000
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 10:29:11AM +0200, "SER.RI-TIC - Àngel Moreno Prats"
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just this week I made a fresh install of UM3 on two fresh installs of
> RHEL ES 3 update 2 for 64bits... on minimal install (from installation
> CD) of OE only the iproute package are installed by default,
> perl-Digest-SHA1, perl-Digest-HMAC and arptables_jf must be installed
> later by hand and perl-Parse-RecDescent come with UM3.

Thanks, that is good to know. I have added that to the documentation.

> In my case (AMD opterons) recompile of binaries are mandatory (x86_64
> binaries)... rpmbuild made all the work,

If you want to make these available I'd be happy to put them
up on ultramonkey.org or link to somewhere.

> but rebuild of
> heartbeat-1.2.3.cvs.20050404-1.rh.el.um.1.src.rpm needs one trick, edit
> the heartbeat.spec and remove/edit the CFLAGS specification from %build
> variable... not all archs are i686.

The thing with the spec file is that it is actually generated
by running ConfigureMe / configure. A side effect is that src.rpm
packages aren't as protable as they should be. If you have a fix
for that please send it to me or to the linux-ha-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
list.