Confirmation of the META refresh problem in DR mode but not NAT mode.

To: malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Confirmation of the META refresh problem in DR mode but not NAT mode.
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:43:15 +0100
I've now setup this is with DR mode on apache and iis and it fails to refresh on both.
NAT mode on apache is fine (I assume iis in NAT mode is fine as well.)

Can I get some more debuging info i.e. tcpdump for someone ?
How do I do this and from where ?

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm Turnbull wrote:

If you setup a default.htm page on a single server (iis in this case) behind a LVS DR setup with
default.htm
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=test.htm">
</HEAD>
</HTML>

And maybee just for fun a :

test.htm
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=default.htm">
</HEAD>
</HTML>

Access the pages via the RIP and they will bounce back and forth every 5 secs as expected.
Access via the VIP and it hangs i.e. no refresh.

I haven't tested NAT mode yet.

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.