Re: DR or NAT

Subject: Re: DR or NAT
From: orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:26:50 +0200
On Thursday 28 April 2005 15:43, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 02:52:42PM +0200, orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > we are using now our LVS in DR configuration. But we are considering to
> > move to NAT. Can somebody tell me disadvantages and advantages (securit,
> > connection handling, and..... ) of NAT configuration and if it is hard
> > (or how to, easy) to change it.
>
> The advantages of NAT are that it doesn't require any special settings
> (e.g. arp suppression on the application servers), that you can
> reconfigure which virtual ip is associated with a back-end server
> by modifying the director alone and that it's easier to do connection
> tracking.  The main disadvantage is that all traffic goes through the
> director, making the director a potential bottleneck.

first, thanks for answer
do you have some recommendations on hardware used for that?
I think 2 eth cards are real minimum for that, but would it help to have 3 or
4 ? How it is with CPU and memory. Right now it is PIII 700MHz
(735.315MHz :) ) with 512MB of memory with one eth card.

--
Name: Pavol Cvengros