Re: How is the best way to tell if my director is be over run

Subject: Re: How is the best way to tell if my director is be over run
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:06:04 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/29/2005 10:13:03
AM:

> Hello
>
> I have a LVS-DR setup with 1 director and 2 real servers
>
> I average about 2.5 million hits a day

27hits/sec. Assuming 10packets/hit (very approximately),
that's 270 packets/sec, hardly moving your network.

> I have been noticing lately that when I go to may main URL (to the
> director), sometimes there is a noticeable delay.

are you coming in from the outside (where the clients are) or
locally?

> CPU usage on all three is pretty low. But I would assume
> there is something
> else I should look at to see how the director is holding
> up. It is not a
> very powerful box

some of the usage tools don't show the kernel usage, just user
process usage.

There's lots of places to look, congested outside network,
slow disks, low memory...