Re: NFS now working fine (ish)

To: malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NFS now working fine (ish)
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 07:20:59 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 05/13/2005 04:44:32
PM:

> After reading through all the points etc.
> I'd say that 'Yes LVS will load balance NFS' but locking
> and failover
> problems means its really not worth the effort.

Thinking about it more... the failover problem only
happens if you're keeping a file open for a long time.
If you just open, read, close then you're not likely
to get caught during a failure. However I can't think
of many situations where a client is grabbing files
this way