Re: RealServers over the internet

To: Vedshri Deodhar <vedshri@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RealServers over the internet
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:46:06 +0100
Vedshri,

Your VIP and DIP must be different, you dont want LVS load balancing connections to your DIP (which you use for admin etc.)

All the real servers in group will share the same VIP on their loopback (or whatever ARP method you use)....

Vedshri Deodhar wrote:

I want to accept connection from outside world, so i feel my VIP
should be 202.88.178.203 as this is the IP that isadvertised as the MX
record on the DNS.
202.88.178.203 is also a direct ip of the machine on eth0
Also then what should be VIP of my other two machines.
Infact i am confused as to what DIP and VIP I should have for  the
Director and the realservers.

Please help

--
Regards,