Re: Some problems with lvs

Subject: Re: Some problems with lvs
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 10:07:54 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces+mack.joseph=epamail.epa.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote on 06/03/2005 03:50:30 AM:

> Hello,
>
> thanx for your answer. I still can't figure out why lvs-
> nat start-up script
> do not add default route... here the output of the rc.lvs command...

There's only a few lines from the debug that's relevant here.

> DIRECTOR_GW=10.166.231.1
> installing default gw for vs-nat
> number of default gw 0, first gw
> not installing a default gw for LVS_TYPE vs-nat
> DIRECTOR_GW=10.166.231.1

Please don't dump large amounts of debugging
output into the mailing list where it will fill up
the archiving machine and everyone's mail box.
You can send this offline if we need it.

It would appear to be a bug. It probably will take
a bit of fixing as I'm using the same code to
set the default gw for the realservers and the
director and the logic is tortuous. I don't
know this bug got through, as it stops LVS-NAT
from working and I can't imagine how the script
would have passed my tests.

In the meantime set

DEFAULT_GW=10.166.231.1

in the line above