Re: Local Nodes (NOT Local Node)

Subject: Re: Local Nodes (NOT Local Node)
From: Dennis Cartier <dennis.cartier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:51:12 -0400
Well this is not an LVS specific suggestion, but have you considered
using virtualization to split your physical machine(s) into multiple
virtual machines? Say something like Xen? See
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/

Since Lvs is so light on resource usage, and Xen only eats up 2-3% of
the machines performance, you will probably not notice much of a
performance hit going this route, and you can sidestep all the
complications of trying to figure out how to use a director as a real
server as well.

Of course you will have new complications of how to set up Xen system images :)

Just a thought.

Dennis