Re: Lvs and Trans-Proxy

Subject: Re: Lvs and Trans-Proxy
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:17:52 -0400
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi@xxxxxxx,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces+mack.joseph=epamail.epa.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote on 06/22/2005 03:55:44 PM:

> i am still not sure
> how the LVS system intercepts those packets because the
> packets  have dst-IP other than that of the LVS server.

I'm not sure how people are handling squids nowadays.
It was the first big use of LVS.
I'd expect you'd fwmark all packets to port 80 at the director
and then loadbalance on the fwmark.

>  # iptables -nL -t nat

> Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
> MASQUERADE  all  --  192.168.10.0/24      0.0.0.0/0

why do you do this? You don't need an iptables rules to make
an LVS work.