Keepalived does not reinsert realservers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Keepalived does not reinsert realservers
From: "Alexander Stolle" <alexlists@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:18:39 +0200
Hi there,

Actually I am not sure if I'm right here with my keepalived questions.
Please point me to the right mailinglist if I'm not :)

I have a running keepalived setup with LVS NAT, 2 directors and 2
Realservers. Anything is fine so far. Keepalived removes a realserver, if
the realserver does not respond anymore. But if I restart the http service
on the realserver, keepalived does not re-insert the realserver into the
service. I need to reload keepalived manually.

As far as I understood the docs, keepalived should do this automatically.
But I may also missed some option in the config. Could you please advise me
on howto track this down?

The log does not tell much. The only supect log entries I get are the
following two lines. But I get them also when I reload/restart keepalived:

---
Jul 29 14:15:19 localhost Keepalived_vrrp: IPVS : Daemon has already run
Jul 29 14:15:19 localhost Keepalived_vrrp: IPVS : Daemon has already run
---

Thanks in advance!

Best, Alex

Here is a snip of my keepalived.conf:

-----------------------------------
# Virtual HTTP Server
virtual_server 192.168.150.104 80
{
        delay_loop 30
        lb_algo rr
        lb_kind NAT
        persistence_timeout 50
        protocol TCP

        # DeTeSIPRTP01
        real_server 192.168.1.10 80
        {
                weight 1
                HTTP_GET
                {
                        url
                        {
                                path /index.html
                                #digest ec90a42b99ea9a2f5ecbe213ac9eba03
                        }
                        connect_timeout 3
                        nb_get_retry 3
                        delay_before_retry 2
                }
        }

        # DeTeSIPRTP02
        real_server 192.168.1.10 80
        {
                weight 1
                HTTP_GET
                {
                        url
                        {
                                path /index.html
                                #digest 640205b7b0fc66c1ea91c463fac6334c
                        }
                        connect_timeout 3
                        nb_get_retry 3
                        delay_before_retry 2
                }
        }
}

Versions:

Keepalived v1.1.11 (07/27,2005)
ipvsadm v1.21 2004/02/23 (compiled with popt and IPVS v1.0.12)
Debian Sarge 2.4.31