SSL acceleration for a web farm

Subject: SSL acceleration for a web farm
From: Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:02:39 -0400
Hello,

I have been using LVS for a small farm for a couple of years now.  I am
interested in adding SSL hardware acceleration to my two LVS servers.
It is my goal to maintain performance by offloading the SSL chores, and
reduce the cost of certificate renewal by not applying certificates to
my web servers.

Can anyone offer advice from experience doing the same?  I am using an
LVS-NAT configuration currently and am happy with it.  It has been
suggested that I get a commercial product to do this (Big-IP from F5)
which I am not absolutely opposed to, but if there is a good track
record with adding SSL hardware acceleration to LVS then I will be happy
to stick with what I've been using.

Thanks for any comments or links which address this topic.

Ryan