Re: HTTPS

Subject: Re: HTTPS
From: Volker Dormeyer <volker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:49:20 +0200
Hi Brad,

 * On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:11:56 -0400,
 * "Brad Taylor" <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > Thanks but how can it be normal? The site does not show and seems to be
 > left in a loop. My real server is a Squid in accelerator mode. LVS is
 > setup for DR. I've been using Ultra Monkey to get this setup. Requests
 > directly to Squid work without problems. Squid is setup with the
 > loopback VIP as described on the Ultra monkey site. The gateway is set
 > to the firewall/router. What can I try to fix this?

and I thought you got a positive result in the web browser. Currently, I
have no idea what is going on in your environment. Maybe, somebody else
on this list knows.

However, could you please send the output of ipvsadm -lnc while you try to
connect to? A tcpdump taken on one of your squid systems might be
helpful, too. Did you change the configuration in ldirectord.cf since
your last post?

Regards,
Volker

 * On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:22:26 -0400,
 * "Brad Taylor" <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > Thanks.
 > Got the weights to be correct but now getting all requests to be
 > inactive:

 > [root@LB_Master ha.d]# ipvsadm -L
 > IP Virtual Server version 1.0.8 (size=65536)
 > Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
 > -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
 > TCP  10.10.1.20:https wlc persistent 600
 > -> 10.10.1.13:https             Route   1      0          3
 > -> 10.10.1.12:https             Route   1      0          0

 > What can I do so that the connection is active?

 > This should be normal, there are just 3 connections inactive, because
 > the
 > data has already been transfered and they are closed. A normal HTTP
 > connection is closed, after the data has been transfered from server to
 > the client. When you click on a link in a web page, another connection
 > will be initiated by the client to the server.

 > If you do "ipvsadm -lnc" you should see at least these three connections
 > in state TIME_WAIT. As soon as the timeout ends, the connection entries
 > will be removed from the table.

 > The behaviour changes, when client and server support "persistent HTTP"
 > connections (not to interchange with persistence provided by LVS). A
 > persistent HTTP connection is kept open, as long either the client or
 > the server decide to close it. That means even if the client received
 > the requested document, the connection stays open. As already mentioned,
 > this has nothing to with the persistence functionality provided by LVS
 > which means to stick a single client to one real server for a defined
 > amount of time, even for new initiated connections.

 > Regards,
 > Volker

 > --
 Volker Dormeyer        <volker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>