RE: How to install patch

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: How to install patch
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:22:52 +0100
On Tue 30 Aug 2005 17:02:48 BST , Brad Taylor <btaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I understand now. Once the module loaded the vs directory was their but
no expire_quiescent_template file in the directory.  What am I doing
wrong?

Nothing.

I need to run "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_quiescent_template"

Here's the catch: your kernel already has a version of the IPVS framework included in it. In order to patch that kernel, you'd need to change the patch source *assuming* that the IPVS framework isn't already rolled into the main kernel source for the kernel in question. If it is, you're scuppered.

Ideally you should either try a vanilla 2.6.12 kernel from ftp.kernel.org and compile it as necessary (difficult, I suspect) or attempt to upgrade your CentOS kernel to one from 4.1 or 4.2beta and see if that works. I see that they're still both 2.6.9 based, so you may run out of luck there too.

Graeme