Re: Limit of LVS NAT ?

To: lvs <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ritesh.a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Limit of LVS NAT ?
From: Ranga Nathan <kairanga@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:17:55 -0700

Joe Stump wrote:

I guess a better question is: How much traffic are you pushing? I've seen LVS-NAT do 10-12 million page views a month with three dual 3.2GHz P4's. I've seen LVS-DR (it might have been LVS-TUN) do 30 million page views a month on four dual 750MHz Xeons with nearly no load at all.

Hi Joe:
I got the Karl Kopper's book and it only mentions TUN in passing. From what you are saying TUN provides good performance. Should one prefer that to VLAN in a geographically dispersed WAN?

If you're not serving more than the above and you have 20 servers you're over killing or your code needs a review.

--Joe