LVS with DNS?

Subject: LVS with DNS?
From: Jacob Coby <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:54:02 -0400
Over the weekend, I had a server crash that was listed as one of three nameservers for our domain. In a perfect world, when the browser tried to do the NS lookup and failed, it should have fallen back to the next in the list until it found the domain. However, in the real world, the browser just tries the first ns and fails with a page cannot be displayed error. Our bandwidth dropped to nearly 0 for 20 minutes until I could bring up another nameserver on the failed ip.

So my current thoughts are to list only one ns for our domain and have it load-balanced and checked across several backend servers. I've been reading up on using LVS for DNS and I am wondering what the current consensus is? Is there a better solution than LVS? I'm only looking for high-availability.

Thanks,
--
-Jacob