Re: LVS-NAT configuration

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT configuration
From: Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:10:28 -0500
> But now I find a new problem. I need to change
>my LVS-DR configuration to a LVS-NAT one. It seems
>to be simple but when I think about how to do it I find
>some questions:
> If I change the default route of the realservers to
>point to the director, if a failover occurs,
>¿How do I change the default route of the realservers?

I think you don't have to if you use heartbeat.

>Should the DIP be a virtualDIP and controlled by heartbeat?
>(then heartbeat would control VIP and DIP)...I think
>I'm missing something...

I did this and it worked fine. I used fwmark to run the
virtual service. I used keepalived. It makes things easier
for me.

>If you are not the intended recipient
>please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Burned...

--
Homepage : http://geocities.com/arhuaco

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself
and you are the easiest person to fool.
     -- Richard Feynman.