RE: LVS-DR/Squid

Subject: RE: LVS-DR/Squid
From: "Timothy Bushart" <tbushart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:32:40 -0400

Thanks

I dug in to redhat's site and I found this:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/haserver/RHHAS-1.0-Manual/x4011.html

>From the bottom of that page, I think all I have to do is this. I'll give it
a try.

Enabling Direct Routing

On each real server, enable a route to each virtual server address. For
example, the following command aliases virtual server 1.2.3.1 to adapter
eth0:

ifconfig eth0:0 1.2.3.1 up

You also need to hide virtual server routes from ARP broadcasts. For
example, these commands hide any virtual server addresses on device eth0:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/hidden