Re: FW: HTTPS Service through LVS

Subject: Re: FW: HTTPS Service through LVS
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:51:14 +0900
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:03:07AM +0800, Louis Lam wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> many thanks for your reply.
>
> Actually, i have another problem about the configuration of loading balancer.
>
>  I have set up an architecture with one load balancer and two web servers
> (two real servers) using round robin scheduling algorithm. Supposedly,
> request made to the web site will first go to (web server 1) and then (web
> server 2) and then (web server 1)  and (web server 2) again....
>
> But now, it seems that once i have opened a session in the current browser,
> all the subsequent requests made through that browser will stick to the same
> web server. In order to achieve the intended approach (1, 2, 1, 2, 1.....),
>
> how should i configure to achieve this? or what i have configured wrongly.
> Could you help.

Most likely your broser is making a HEAD then GET request, and
as you only have two real-servers, all the HEAD requests go to
one server, and all the GET requests go to another.

You will probably see what you expect if you use lc instead of rr,
and/or send a lot of requests from different hosts.

--
Horms