How to flush UDP connections

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to flush UDP connections
From: Ashish Jain <ajain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:24:32 -0400
Thanks Horms for the explaination. I will check out 2.6.13.4 and test my stuff on it.

The flush functionality I am talking about is to flush the active connections (I guess your argument is that my problem of hanging connections will taken care of in 2.6.13.4). But, the default UDP connection timeout is also 300 sec and due to that the connection template on director stays active for 5 minutes. So, any future messages from the same client always goes to the the same real server. I sometime during testing want to flush these connections and start over afreash, which I could not do because of this 300 sec delay in connection expiration.

I was trying to put an explaination that ipvsadm communicates with ipvs using raw sockets (I guess) and there are socket options provided by ipvs for application layer like ipvsadm to call functions in ipvs. There is a already a fucntion implemented in ipvs which flushes all the active connections. I was trying to say, why not add a socket option in ipvs for ipvsadm to call this function and flush all the connections. I think it will be a helpful addition to ipvsadm. There is already a feature in ipvsadm (option -C), which flsuhes all the rules. So why not all a feature to flush all the active connection as well?

Thanks

--
Ashish Jain