Bonded network cards and LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Bonded network cards and LVS
From: Craig Ward <craig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:20:44 +0000
Hi,

Are there any known issues with bonding NICs and LVS?

I've got a setup with 4 boxes, all 4 are web servers and 2 are directors.

The VIP is being brought up on bond0:0 fine, but I can't ping this
from any machine and its not showing in the arp table on my windows
client. Strangely, if I manually bring up an ip on bond0:0 that is NOT
the the VIP I can ping it fine.

I'm wondering if any of the noarp rules on the each director, used for
when they are slave directors, is somehow "stuck" and it's not arping
for the VIP whatever interface it's on?

Any ideas welcome.

Many Thanks,
Craig.