Problem with VIP addresses

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem with VIP addresses
From: Andrés Cañada <acanada@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:38:08 +0100
Configuration:
Two director nodes with heartbeat and keepalived:
        -director1: eth0 10.2.x.x
                    eth1 192.168.2.1
        -director2: eth0 10.2.x.x
                    eth1 192.168.2.32
I'm using 2 VIP to manage the incoming request:
        VIP1 10.2.1.41
        VIP2 192.168.2.31
Realservers are in 192.168.2.0 net. and have the default route to 192.168.2.31

My haresources file is:
director1 IPaddr::192.168.2.31/24/eth1/192.168.2.255 keepalived

And my keepalived.conf is:

vrrp_instance VI_1 {
 state MASTER
 interface eth0
 lvs_sync_daemon_inteface eth0
 virtual_router_id 51

 priority 150

 advert_int 1

 smtp_alert
 authentication {
 auth_type PASS
 auth_pass example
 }
 virtual_ipaddress {
        10.2.1.41
 }
}
vrrp_instance VI_GATEWAY {
 state MASTER
 interface eth1
 lvs_sync_daemon_inteface eth1
 virtual_router_id 52
 priority 150
 advert_int 1
 smtp_alert
 authentication {
 auth_type PASS
 auth_pass example
}
 virtual_ipaddress {
        192.168.2.31
 }
}

virtual_server 10.2.1.41 80 {
 delay_loop 6

 lb_algo rr

lb_kind NAT
nat_mask 255.255.254.0
protocol TCP
 real_server 192.168.2.23 80 {
        weight 1
        TCP_CHECK {
                connect_timeout 3
                connect_port 80
        }
}
real_server 192.168.2.24 80 {
        weight 1
        TCP_CHECK {
                connect_timeout 3
                connect_port 80
        }
}
real_server 192.168.2.25 80 {
        weight 1
        TCP_CHECK {
                connect_timeout 3
                connect_port 80
        }
}
real_server 192.168.2.26 80 {
        weight 1
        TCP_CHECK {
                connect_timeout 3
                connect_port 80
        }
}
real_server 192.168.2.33 80 {
        weight 1
        TCP_CHECK {
                connect_timeout 3
                connect_port 80
       }
}

}

MY PROBLEM is: everything seems to be ok but when I stop the heartbeat daemon
in both director nodes, VIP2 (192.168.2.31) still exists!!!
I thought that with this configuration, VIP addresses are working only while
heartbeat and keepalived are working, aren't they?
Maybe I'm not managing VIP addresses well.
Anybody who helps me please?

Also, when I start heartbeat with this configuration, I see new lines
in /var/log/messages that never noticed before::
"kernel: MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!".
I'm a bit confused and don't know how to follow.
Thanks in advance!!!

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en su caso los ficheros
adjuntos, pueden contener información protegida para el uso exclusivo de su
destinatario. Se prohíbe la distribución, reproducción o cualquier otro tipo de
transmisión por parte de otra persona que no sea el destinatario. Si usted
recibe por error este correo, se ruega comunicarlo al remitente y borrar el
mensaje recibido.
**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This email communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the
designated recipient named above. Distribution, reproduction or any other use
of this transmission by any party other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and
delete all copies.