Re: Failover with 2 ISPs

To: dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Failover with 2 ISPs
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:20:06 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Dominik Klein wrote:

So if I did not get sth terribly wrong, that would make two VIPs (ISP1 and ISP2)

yes

and one DIP which will be the gateway for the webservers.

yes, if you have LVS-NAT

Is this possible with LVS?

yes.

You will have to use (I think) -sh scheduling, to make sure the return packets to the clients go back through the correct ISP.

I read about load-balancing the internet-connection but that did not regard failover. http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.ludos_reinject_forwarder.html

you don't need to worry about that. This is in developement.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!