Re: Rare ARP problem

Subject: Re: Rare ARP problem
From: Troy Hakala <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:48:31 -0800

> have no idea what this means. The realservers shouldn't be
> arp'ing for the VIP.

Hmmm... then there's something I'm missing... so the real servers don't arp
the director because the packets from the director contain the MAC of the
director already, right? Makes sense. Then why did this happen?

I didn't try to ping the real server from the director, but the director
couldn't use the real server in the load-balancing (connections were 0)
until I manually did an arp -s on the real server. IOW, I didn't have to
touch the director to fix it.