Re: Regd ipvsadm ouput

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Regd ipvsadm ouput
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 04:16:55 +0000 (UTC)
Vijay K <vijay_k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am setting up a load balaced configuration.
> I have run all the rpms downloaded from ultramonkey
> I am using fedora core 4 for directord.
> Ldirectord and heartbeat is working fine.
>
> Now the problem is the output of the ipvsadm is not showing the
> realservers,though I have used check type as connect and the real server ip
> addresses are mentioned in the ldirectord configuration.
>
> #/sbin/ipvsadm -L
> IP Virtual Server version 1.2.1 (size=4096)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  10.10.32.32:http rr
>  -> dir1.vfortress.com:http      Local   1      0          0
> TCP  10.10.32.32:https rr
>  -> dir1.vfortress.com:https     Local   1      0          0
>

> The output shows only the director machine with weight as 1 even though real
> servers are there in the configuration and they can be pinged.

This means that ldirectord does not think that the other
real servers are alive for some reason. As you are using
checktype=connect, this most likely means that ldirectory
can't access the port that they are running on. You can easily
test this using telnet.

E.g

telnet rea1.blah.com 80

Also, if you run ldirectord with the -d flag, it will produce lots
of debuging output, telling you what it is testing, and if it is there
or not. Normally less-verbose logs are sent to syslog
or ldirectord.log, depending on your configuration.

--
Horms