Re: Looking for some ideas, not sure if LVS can help me out or not

Subject: Re: Looking for some ideas, not sure if LVS can help me out or not
From: Ranga Nathan <kairanga@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:38:15 -0800
If you do Apache URL re-writing, will you not end up with two different sets of rewriting on two different servers? I would use a perl script to do the URL re-writing or load balancing rather than Apache directives.
Ranga Nathan
Randy Paries wrote:

Hello,

Currently i have a LVS-DR setup with one director and two real servers

the two real servers are running apache2 web servers and tomcat
application servers.

the real server 2 mounts the real server 1 document root fle system via nfs.

i have  an architectural problem that i am not sure if i can use LVS
to help or not.
I will try to be brief
I have a directory structure that is
/home/app/user1
/home/app/user2
/home/app/images and other shared directories

Currently i use LVS to just load balance between apache web servers
and as mentioned each real server has rw access to the files

my problem is that i am upto over 4000 users/directories. I need to
sub divide, but i can not change the users URLs
ie www.mydomain.com/user1 and www.mydomain.com/user2

I am not sure if LVS can help me here or i need to maybe look at
apache url rewitting.

Thanks
Randy