Re: Curious - how to add windows real servers in an LVS/DR cluster

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Curious - how to add windows real servers in an LVS/DR cluster
From: Mark de Vries <markdv.lvsuser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:49:25 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Ranga Nathan wrote:

> I could not find references on how to bind an IP hidden, without arping
> on a windows machine to include in an LVS/DR set up. Are there any
> HOW-TOs on this?
> TIA.

I have not touched a windows box for ages... But:

I think (I've heard) there is something like a loopback
interface/driver/thingy that you can add/install and assign the IPs to.
The guy was balancing windows streaming media servers using DR. According
to him it worked fine. Not sure which windows flavour it was, I think 2000
server.

Let me know if you can't figure it out. I could ask him...

Rgds,
Mark.