Re: LVS-NAT Active FTP issue...

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT Active FTP issue...
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:41:36 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Mark de Vries wrote:

I don't think that would help much. The src port is not always the same.
vsftpd (prolly) just connects without binding to a specific port, just
getting a random one in the ip_local_port_range...

so I only need to put in a note of caution in the HOWTO?

Is there anything against not matching on the src port like the
ip_contrack(_ftp) stuff?

you mean figure out the data-port on the fly?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!